Online Credit Cards and The Big Advantages of Accepting Them
- 87% of Internet customers pay by credit card. That's why accepting online credit cards is proven to boost orders by nearly 400% (compared to just offering the option of sending in a check or money order).
- Customers trust you more, because you look like a real business -- not a fly-by-night operation, or a hobbyist working from your kitchen table.
- Online orders increase your profit per sale because (1) they eliminate the cost of using 800 numbers and live operators, and (2) credit card buyers are less concerned with price than cash buyers -- which means you can raise your prices and lose almost no business.
- Without a merchant account, you're at the mercy of your customers (who often get distracted and forget to send their checks), the Post Office (which takes at least three days to deliver your checks), and your bank (which makes you wait several more days for the checks to clear your account)!
- With the right merchant package, your customer's money is instantly and automatically wired into your bank account, ready to spend within 24-48 hours. This means you can immediately reinvest your earnings, grow your business, and keep up with the rapid growth of the Internet. Even if you just use the money to pay your bills sooner, your life will be a lot less stressful.
- With online credit card processing, you'll capture many more orders from people buying on impulse. You see, because most people use their phone lines to access the Internet, they can't call you while they're online! So even if you accept credit cards by phone through an 800 number, by the time most people log off to call you, the impulse is gone, they have second thoughts, or they simply forget!
- The secure server ordering process is hands-free. If you already accept credit cards by phone or mail, and you're processing them off-line, you know that it can take hours to batch the orders, process them by hand, send confirmations to your customers, and enter their information in your database. Why burden yourself with these time-consuming routines when it can all be done automatically?
All the Necessary Tools
Our eCommerce Solutions will give your customers
and visitors all of the necessary tools for taking payment on
the Internet. With the eCommerce Solutions package your
customers, subscribers, visitors, etc. will receive:
- SHOPPING CART SOFTWARE - This allows customers to
pick up items throughout a site and put them in
virtual "shopping carts". (Just like at the
supermarket!) Before they exit, they can confirm
what is in their shopping carts, make changes, and pay
for their merchandise.
- SECURE SERVER - This allows customers to buy on the
Internet without worrying about fraud.
- GATEWAY PROCESSOR - This processes customers' online credit
cards instantly when they complete your order form.
It gets their cards approved, transfers the money
into your merchant account, and sends e-mail
confirmations to both you and your customers.
- MERCHANT ACCOUNT - Once the gateway has processed the
online credit card, the money is deposited into the merchant
If you make it easy for your visitors to pay you WHILE they're online, you'll capture those lost sales instantly... you'll earn bigger profits on every sale... and most of the "work" involved in processing online credit cards will be done for you, automatically!
Don't Be a Victim of False Advertising
What's the moral of this? Merchant account providers were set up to serve retail businesses -- not online businesses like yours and mine. Most of them can't offer you the complete e-commerce package you need.
As a result, setting up your web site to accept online credit cards can become a full-time job if you're not careful.
Things can quickly become complicated when you're forced to deal with several different vendors -- one for your merchant account, one for your shopping cart, another for your secure server, and yet another for your real-time gateway software.
You can deal with three or four companies – or, you can keep it simple and deal with one – it’s easier, less expensive – and most important – it’s faster! The ultimate size of your customer base – and your income – is directly tied to how you can setup your web site to accept online credit cards.