Fantastic to be Cross Country Skiing Hardangervidda Again
We used the night to drive up to the cross country skiing area on Hardangervidda.
With 3 drivers and light night traffic, we all agreed, it was a good way of travelling to Hardangervidda to start the skiing season.
We were longing for the snow and to glide along the skiing-tracks...
After arriving to Fagerheim, we decided very fast, to take an early morning trip to Krekkja and get our breakfast there...
We changed to skiing clothes in a hurry and started out in the first day-light...
It was a bit cold, but the snow was very good and we enjoyed to be out there cross country skiing in the first morning light!
Fantastic to be skiing on Hardangervidda again...
After driving from Denmark during the night we arrived at Fagerheim ready to start the first morning skiing trip.
We started out for a morning trip to Krekkja and had our breakfast there. After some resting we went back to Fagerheim and settled for the night.
The next day started with light snow and we went the mountain route to Halne and had lunch there.
We decided to go to Stigstuv and during the first kilometres we had good weather and good snow.
But then the snow became heavy and the wind started blowing against us. We had some hard hours walk until we arrived a Stigstuw, very tired.
Since the weather had become rough, many people had arrived at Stigstuw and we had to sleep in the living room on the sofas.
The next morning we started out for Fagerheim in very nice weather.
The day became one of the best with sun from a cloudless sky and silence around the mountains...
We arrived early in the afternoon and rested in the sun at the south-west wall, with a beautiful view over the mountains.
Rauhelleren is a good place to stay, with fire in the chimney and good food. It can be a little crowded at Easter, but people are friendly and we like to stay there.
The next morning we started out for Hein in nice weather.
The trip to Hein was easy and we had a good day with tea times and rests.
We decided to stay at Hein for the night and got rooms in one of the side buildings.
We started the fire in the chimney, because we were the first in the building the rooms were cold.
After a couple of hours, the temperature became good and we had a cosy time with beer and card playing.
- Arriving at Fagerheim parking
- A beautiful morning skiing
- Happy people outside entrance at Fagerheim
- After a long days walk in snow and wind from Fagerheim- we arrived at Stigstuv, very tired and happy to be there
- After a good nights sleep and very good food, we are ready to move again
- A very nice afternoon at Rauhellern
- The happy dog "Tango" hunting snowballs
- Getting ready to move again in the morning
- Ski preparation with swix - skiwax
- A wonderful happy hour with fire in the ovens and some beer
- Leaving Hein with a very nice day ahead
- Another fantastic cross country skiing day
- DNT-route-signs to Krekkja and Hein